Monday, January 28, 2013

WHY?!

I know it has been an incredibly long time since I have blogged, so you may be wondering what on earth could possibly motivate her to such crazy lengths as blogging? Well, let me tell you...

Around 5:00am I was roused from a semi deep sleep by noxious fumes permeating the house...now when you have had a house burn down, you ignore no odor, no matter how tired you may be. So of course I woke Ryan for him to investigate...He turned the heater off thinking it must be that, it's the only thing running at 5am. However the smell was getting worse! Then we noticed the back door had been blown open by the wind, and the dog was gone...we both came to the same realization at the same moment...SKUNK!

I called out for Olive and she came prancing back in, but hadn't been sprayed fortunately. We looked all over the house, but nothing. The only thing we could think was Olive ran out, the skunk ran in then left, leaving us a horrific smell to contend with...so we googled, then ran to Walmart to get the proper skunk de-scenting materials (hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and vinegar, in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation)!

This unfortunately is not the end of our story...we pull up to the house, glance over and through the front window, see Mr. Skunk flitting back and forth across our couch! Ryan, brave and brilliant, runs to the front door, props it open, then runs to the back door grabs Olives dog food and lures it out with one piece at a time.

I know it's not a great photo, but at the very bottom to the left hand corner, 
you can see the skunk escaping to it's next dasterdly deed.

Thanks to the flu we had these handy masks, a few
drops of theives and you can hardly smell anything
(that is a bit of an exageration)
That look in my eyes is the daze of 5am awakening
 creeping up on me.

Needless to say, we have spend the last four hours cleaning, diffusing and gaging...so I ask WHY? The only answer I have is that these are the types of things that happen to the Austins.

4 comments:

  1. I' m sorry - but I am laughing at your expense LOL( many times over) I'm sure it was even funnier than I can picture! I am very sorry about your 5 am awakening - sleep is a precious & fleeting commodity. But, what a funny story to add to your families already LARGE repitoir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep! Hey was that an just a way of complimenting yourself?

      Delete
  3. At least you could blog about it & inspire us all to lock our doors at night!! That is a story hard to top! You guys at least keep on smiling in style!

    ReplyDelete