Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Shoe Fetish

fet·ish

–noun

1.
an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.
2.
any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.
 
 
Sure you could call it a fetish, or fascination...possibly an addiction.
Before the fire I had these amazing 4inch green Italian leather shoes...oh how I miss them. Shoes are a whole new self expression that moves above and beyond clothing.
 
I have a couple of shoe idols, Stephanie and Tirzah.  Mostly because they can still wear 4 inch heals with ease and grace, and style...and without a hint of a wince in their faces.  Also they have amazing shoe collections...and last but not least, they are the two besides me that most likely remember those green heals, and morned with me at the loss of them...
 
Well, I have begun the process of rebuilding the family (of shoes) that live in my closet and help me express who I am...or who I would like you to think I am...and here is my latest addition:
 


They even come with their own bag!
Welcome to the family...and when thinking of this blog post, I looked at some photos of shoes on this fascinating world wide web...and came across these...
Aren't they beautiful? I would only be able to wear them for a moment and then would promptly fall on my face...Steph, Tirzah, want to take them on?

 

1 comment: