Friday, December 10, 2010

Sorry Martha

Drum roll please...the results of the bake challenge, not just in, are...(long annoying pause)

Well, it's not that easy. There was a bit of a meltdown, due to privacy issues, I will not say who it was...but to make a long story short, the baking challenge was cancelled and we had fun making a cake together. I chose carrot, and yes we made it with all wheat flour.  And it tasted wonderful! I will tell you what I did, if you don't care, skip the next paragraph.

I used regular wheat flour. I would have used whole wheat pastry flour, but when you live 2 hours from the store you make due. The only other difference was I put in a little extra carrots for moistness, and I separated the eggs, beat the egg whites to not quite stiff peaks then folded them in when the rest of the batter was mixed together. Oh and I added some nutmeg and cloves too.

I like to think of a recipe as a suggestion, then I do with it as I please...of course I am not ever good at writing down the changes I made, so we tend never to eat the same thing twice!

Okay, another drum roll please...
Shhhhh...If you are really quiet, you can hear Martha Stewart crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment