Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our Vintage Vacation

Last weekend my husband and I went to visit some dear friends of ours...They are the kind of friends that I keep trying to figure out how we are related, but can't quite pinpoint it...Such a comfortable fit without repercussions of "Will I offend them if I talk about this...?" Just pure meld.

Before we left, I was reading some photography blogs, and came across a comment about the hipstamatic app for the itouch. I have been in morning over my camera lately...especially before going on a trip, so this was my answer! I could have fun with this app, even though my SLR Nikon fg is gone, I could still enjoy taking pictures ( Maybe some day I will blog about digital photography so you know what I mean).

So began our vintage vacation...we chose the year 1969...That way everything didn't have to be all in black and white, and the fashion was a little more tolerable than the 70's...Come along, and don't get too upset and judgemental with the discrepancies with the time line, when it's your vintage vacation, you get to do what ever you want!

Friday:
We drove through the night, and arrived Friday...needless to say we needed a restful day...After coffee and conversation, we headed out for a drive...


From Redwood City to the beach...a breath taking drive, trees towering over to protect us...safe and secure...Then we popped out to see...

Inviting us to get anything we want at Alice's Restaurant...so we did, sweet potato fries and stout.

Then back in the car for twists and turns and then the beach...the ocean making a path wherever it wants...

We decided to drive a little further to a place they knew you could hike down to the beach...secluded and ...well, just look...




squishing our feet in the sand, looking for little treasures, and of course, chasing the seagulls...ahhh can't you just smell the salt water?
Hungry after the hike, we drove to half moon bay and had some fresh clam chowder and salad for dinner...perfect day.

Well...that's a lot to soak in, so come back for the rest of the trip later!
What would your perfect day be? Or what do you  like to do on the beach? Don't be shy, share!

No comments:

Post a Comment