Monday, January 10, 2011

Sorry, Life Happened...

I had the opportunity to go visit my closest friend, Nikki for a few days, and we had a wonderful time. There was a huge storm while we were gone, and the temperature dropped below 0 degrees. When we got home, our pipes were broken, our roof was leaking, our washer broke and our propane was out! Thus we have been dealing with that, hopefully it will be over soon.
Because of all that, it took me awhile to get posting...so today I am going to revisit our trip! Maybe the warm fuzzy feelings will warm me up!
On our way down to Nikki's, we stopped to get snacks, and all of the left over baskets of goodies were on sale at Sam's Club, we got a gingerbread house for Averey and Knowle to put together...


The deal was that if you want to eat some, you have to help,  Knowle put a few candies on and posed for the picture, but Averey did most of the work...well, pretty much all of the work. For 4 dollars, it provided lots of fun, but for 4 dollars I guess you cant expect it to taste good...maybe next time we will just make our own.
The next day, a friend was stranded because of the roads being closed to get home, so she came and spent the night...the next morning we decided that we would have a champagne breakfast. We made sweet potatoes, and croissants with egg, cheese, and smoked salmon. To quote Xochil, "This is better than love!"
Well, it was a great week...with a little X Box Kinect Adventure, some karaoke, great meals with friends, some good cries, and a triumphant building of a basket ball hoop! Can't wait to do it again...
Now it's back to life, and my freezing toes, but at least I had a good break from it for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I must agree: not much can beat a champagne brunch with great friends!!

    ReplyDelete