Monday, March 21, 2011

DaDa

Hello Dada, nice to see you again...let me introduce you to my friend (insert name here).  I can tell you are going to be great friends!



The Dada Movement, or Dadaism, is my favorite Artistic time period. I think because it was so interconnected.  Like a group of friends sharing their lives, creative juices, spurring each other on to reach out for something new...exciting...different...bizarre at times...ART in it's prime. Morphing into something new that would change art from there on out.

I love the idea that this group decided to explore art that didn't have to be pretty...Yet turned out beautiful!

First, I would like to share my favorite photographer...Man Ray...





He really was one of the for runners in darkroom manipulation of photographs. Not looking for something so pure, changing the way photography was looked at... not just something to remind us of memories, or a pretty picture to hang of our favorite place...but as ART.  If you are interested, check out his Rayographs, and Space writing.

Now one of my favorite painters from the Dada period is Marcell Duchamp, and here is why...






Other notable artists in this group of friends are Tristan Tzara, amongst many things a poet...




And a Collage artist, painter, sculptor...Max Ernst...


So glad we had this time to get you two acquainted, I hope you will pursue a friendship that leads to a long life of creativity and motivates you to some extraordinary journey...

What is your favorite artist, photographer, poet? This is where against all inner desire to remain anonymous you break out of your shell and make a comment...go ahead, you can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love the new look....As for me, I'm particularly drawn to Georgia O'Keefe's paintings of bones and it's emerging into an obsession with skulls and hip bones and pelvises in the desert. But also, I love John James Audubon because he never thought he was a great painter and used to burn his paintings on his birthday every year until someone said, uh, wait! You're really good at that, John! Also I love Henri Toulouse-Latrec because he painted regular people in garish ways and they beat a fluffy Renoir any day! ....and that's all I've got to say about that...for now ..

    ReplyDelete