Friday, March 25, 2011

The Metamorphosis of a Blog

I never thought I would ever blog...seemed so egotistical at the time...to talk about myself, things I like, things I am doing and then force my friends (even my son) to read it...sounds so desperate...but I have to admit that I enjoy it very much.

The idea of me blogging began with my Etsy shop. They continue to tell you that if you have a blog or some sort of social networking tool for people to get to know you, you will sell much more...didn't work for me. But I gave it a try. I spoke about what I was working on...the creative process (which for me is more of a journey that begins in my head and evolves along the way...how can you explain it?) which quite frankly I bored myself to death, so why would others want to read it!

Then due to health reasons, I closed both of my Etsy shops.

So then I am back to the beginning of talking about myself...Sophisticated Hipster...so, let me explain that.  It was the name of my shop chosen mostly because it was the first thing to pop into my head.  For me it embodies the idea of some one getting older, but still wanting to stay in fashion or explore who they are now and not being afraid of being that person...a metamorphosis to middle age, still wanting to be hip and cool, but not look too young for your age thus a sophisticated hipster!

Then I closed the shop...kept the name because I like it. changed the blog around to try and represent more of me and who I am.  And now I am free to talk about whatever I want! The rest of you are free to read whenever you want...except of course my family, I will still coerce you into diligently following and commenting...

And here is where I would like to give a shout out to my loyal reader in Tunisia who has stayed through the metamorphosis of this blog...Thanks

Reading the news and seeing images of Tunisia in turmoil, I thought I would post some nice photos I found on the world wide web.


So you can picture where Tunisia is.




Well, I have written what it seems is enough about this subject...and will return soon rambling about various things I love or hate, but I will make sure that it as entertaining as possible.

What about you? Do you have a blog, and what do you use it for? Soap box, family photos, creative outlet?
let me know your there...comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laurie! I'm so excited that you have a blog now... so I can tap into your deepest thoughts. Muhawhaha!!!! I really want to start a blog, but I'm so busy with my Shoeology stuff... I just don't want to start something I can't finish. I want to start a blog mainly to make shoes and give people ideas of things they could make using materials I sell. For example... leather, felt, soling materials etc. I'm going to buy all those materials very soon. For me, a blog would be a fun creative outlet, but ultimately it would be to help build my business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully support that endevor, also if you trust anyone, you can have a guest blogger to help you out when you are exceptionally busy...let me kinow when you do, I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete